Happy Earth Week!
“I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.”
Earth Week Day One
7 Tips For A Successful Zero Waste Journey
I want to start off Earth Week by focusing on the Zero Waste journey (surprise, surprise!). Here is a list of 7 tips I find useful for not only beginners, but anyone at any stage of the game! These tips are what help me continue my journey with a clear head and understanding of what I am doing and why! If you have any tips you would like to share, leave a comment below!
- Understand What Zero Waste Is . This will build you a strong foundation for your journey!
- Clear up common Zero Waste Misconceptions . This helps me explain to others who are confused.
- Go at your own pace. The journey should not be a race or stressful!
- Tackle one Zero Waste alternative at a time. Here are some ideas!
- Get involved in the Zero Waste Community! You will learn so much from fellow Zero Wasters!
- Have a reason why you want to produce less waste. Maybe it is for these two reasons –> Recycling and/or Landfills . Or maybe it is a personal reason. Whatever the reason is, that is great! It helps to have a clear idea why you want to change your life.
- Know that you and your efforts matter! No matter how big, small, or frequent your efforts are. Every refused plastic bottle or bag helps! Collectively, we will make a difference. It takes individual efforts and persistence.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s Earth Week post by subscribing to my blog and following me on Instagram!